Man found dead at Avocado Lake identified
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There is new information about the man whose body was found at a popular lake in Fresno County on Saturday.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office has identified the victim as 31-year-old Fernando Pacheco Ruiz. Investigators are calling his death a homicide. Ruiz's body was found at Avocado Lake, east of Sanger on Saturday evening.
Investigators say Ruiz was from the Parlier area, but they're not releasing details about how he was killed.
Lt. Gregg Andreotti says, "There is still a lot of information that needs to be gathered and the investigation is still ongoing."
Deputies got the call after someone at the lake stumbled upon the body just after 6 p.m. on Saturday evening. On Sunday morning, investigators expanded the search site and the sheriff's office closed the popular park.
Deputies directed people to nearby Winton Park.
The park was reopened later in the afternoon.
Detectives will have more details after the results of the autopsy. If you have any information about the homicide, you are asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
avocado lake, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, homicide, local, mariana jacob
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 14 min ago
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire