Man found dead at Avocado Lake identified
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There is new information about the man whose body was found at a popular lake in Fresno County on Saturday.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office has identified the victim as 31-year-old Fernando Pacheco Ruiz. Investigators are calling his death a homicide. Ruiz's body was found at Avocado Lake, east of Sanger on Saturday evening.
Investigators say Ruiz was from the Parlier area, but they're not releasing details about how he was killed.
Lt. Gregg Andreotti says, "There is still a lot of information that needs to be gathered and the investigation is still ongoing."
Deputies got the call after someone at the lake stumbled upon the body just after 6 p.m. on Saturday evening. On Sunday morning, investigators expanded the search site and the sheriff's office closed the popular park.
Deputies directed people to nearby Winton Park.
The park was reopened later in the afternoon.
Detectives will have more details after the results of the autopsy. If you have any information about the homicide, you are asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
avocado lake, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, homicide, local, mariana jacob
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos