Occupy Fresno protesters face eviction from park
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The demonstrators say that they are ready and willing to go to jail, and their permit to remain in the park expired at midnight.
Occupy Fresno protesters have been camping out at Courthouse Park for more than three weeks now.
Last week, a notice was issued to people at the park that they needed to leave by 12 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Fresno County officials say they will give protestors a two day grace period, but the Sheriff's Department says their time is up.
A county ordinance prohibits people from being at the park from midnight until 6 a.m. and violators face a misdemeanor.
Occupy Fresno protestors say that if they are arrested, they will return to the park once they are released from jail.
Stay tuned to Action News and ABC30.com for the latest on this developing story. We'll have the latest details on Action News AM Live starting at 4:30 a.m.
occupy wall street, fresno, fresno downtown, local
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 42 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Parlier students get iPad Airs 32 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Proposition 30 allows Parlier students to...
33 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos