South Valley agencies in blood donation competition
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police officers and firefighters in the South Valley are in a fierce competition to give back.
Monday kicked off the annual South Valley "Battle of the Badges" blood drive.
Over the next week, roughly two-thousand people are expected to donate blood on behalf of their favorite law enforcement or fire agency.
The Visalia police and fire departments, CHP, and the sheriff's offices from Tulare and Kings Counties are all competing.
The Central California Blood Center says the blood drive comes just before the holidays, when usage is at its highest.
The Blood Center says the "Battle Of The Badges" blood drive is their most competitive event of the year.
visalia, tulare county, kings county, south valley, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced 9 min ago
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
46 min ago