Fresno police arrest man barricaded in closet
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department has arrested a man after he reportedly barricaded himself inside a bedroom closet.
Anthony Jeff, 32, was arrested Monday night on a parole violation and resisting police.
Officers say they tried to get Jeff out of the closet, but he refused to surrender.
Officers finally broke through the door and they say Jeff started to fight.
Investigators say they found a large knife underneath Jeff as he was being taken away from the apartment.
Jeff was on parole for trying to run down a Clovis police officer with a vehicle.
Police say Jeff is a member of the Bond Street gang.
fresno police department, gang, bulldog gang, fresno, fresno county, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases