Fresno police arrest man barricaded in closet
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department has arrested a man after he reportedly barricaded himself inside a bedroom closet.
Anthony Jeff, 32, was arrested Monday night on a parole violation and resisting police.
Officers say they tried to get Jeff out of the closet, but he refused to surrender.
Officers finally broke through the door and they say Jeff started to fight.
Investigators say they found a large knife underneath Jeff as he was being taken away from the apartment.
Jeff was on parole for trying to run down a Clovis police officer with a vehicle.
Police say Jeff is a member of the Bond Street gang.
fresno police department, gang, bulldog gang, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder 44 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows 13 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos