Charges reduced in Parlier brother shoots, kills sister case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Parlier man accused of shooting and killing his sister is now facing less serious charges.
Jesus Nunez was originally arrested for murder after he shot and killed his sister, Leticia Casas, in March.
Investigators found her body after a neighbor reported hearing gunshots.
Nunez was arrested several hours later and later charged voluntary manslaughter. But Wednesday, those charges were reduced to involuntary manslaughter. He's also accused of endangering a child for firing his weapon within a few feet of a little girl.
Nunez says it was an accident that happened because he was high on meth, and scared of some dogs.
parlier, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, murder, local
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter 21 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 57 min ago
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire