Charges reduced in Parlier brother shoots, kills sister case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Parlier man accused of shooting and killing his sister is now facing less serious charges.
Jesus Nunez was originally arrested for murder after he shot and killed his sister, Leticia Casas, in March.
Investigators found her body after a neighbor reported hearing gunshots.
Nunez was arrested several hours later and later charged voluntary manslaughter. But Wednesday, those charges were reduced to involuntary manslaughter. He's also accused of endangering a child for firing his weapon within a few feet of a little girl.
Nunez says it was an accident that happened because he was high on meth, and scared of some dogs.
parlier, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, murder, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos