Winton woman released after posting $120,000 bail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley woman is out of jail after she was arrested for possessing four hundred pounds of medical marijuana.
Juanita Vargas, 51, of Winton was arrested at her home on Wednesday.
Sheriff's investigators found several hundred pounds of marijuana at her home on Santa Fe Road last week. It happened while investigators assisted animal control workers who were looking into a report of starved horses.
Vargas claimed the pot was for medicinal use. Agents conducted another search on Wednesday and seized 400 pounds of marijuana and 44 grams of 44 grams of hashish. Hashish is illegal to possess regardless of medicinal marijuana laws
Investigators say the way the pot was packaged indicates it was for intended for sale and not medicinal use.
Vargas was released on $120,000 bail.
crimetracker, winton, merced county, marijuana, medical marijuana, local
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark 32 min ago
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
38 min ago
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos