Winton woman released after posting $120,000 bail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley woman is out of jail after she was arrested for possessing four hundred pounds of medical marijuana.
Juanita Vargas, 51, of Winton was arrested at her home on Wednesday.
Sheriff's investigators found several hundred pounds of marijuana at her home on Santa Fe Road last week. It happened while investigators assisted animal control workers who were looking into a report of starved horses.
Vargas claimed the pot was for medicinal use. Agents conducted another search on Wednesday and seized 400 pounds of marijuana and 44 grams of 44 grams of hashish. Hashish is illegal to possess regardless of medicinal marijuana laws
Investigators say the way the pot was packaged indicates it was for intended for sale and not medicinal use.
Vargas was released on $120,000 bail.
crimetracker, winton, merced county, marijuana, medical marijuana, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years