Vietnam War memorial replica visits S. Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A replica of the national Vietnam War Memorial Wall made a tour through the South Valley.
The American Veterans Traveling Cost of Freedom Wall was set up Thursday at Ledbetter Park in Cutler.
The wall is 85-percent the size of the memorial in Washington, DC.
Organizers say the names of three men from the Cutler-Orosi area are on the wall.
"It was the whole community that came and pitched in. A lot of organizations and donations from the community. So it's really touching to myself and I'm sure to all the Vietnam veterans," Vietnam veteran Jacob Huerta said.
Organizers hope to bring the Traveling Freedom Wall back to the South Valley in 2013.
cutler, orosi, south valley, local, jessica peres
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 5 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- Jay Leno among TV Hall of Fame inductees