Vietnam War memorial replica visits S. Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A replica of the national Vietnam War Memorial Wall made a tour through the South Valley.
The American Veterans Traveling Cost of Freedom Wall was set up Thursday at Ledbetter Park in Cutler.
The wall is 85-percent the size of the memorial in Washington, DC.
Organizers say the names of three men from the Cutler-Orosi area are on the wall.
"It was the whole community that came and pitched in. A lot of organizations and donations from the community. So it's really touching to myself and I'm sure to all the Vietnam veterans," Vietnam veteran Jacob Huerta said.
Organizers hope to bring the Traveling Freedom Wall back to the South Valley in 2013.
cutler, orosi, south valley, local, jessica peres
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home 24 min ago
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno