Fresno Co. woman facing animal cruelty charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An Orange Cove woman is facing animal abuse charges after her dogs were found in poor health.
Forty-year-old Marcella Morales was booked at the Fresno County jail and faces felony animal cruelty charges.
Investigators found her two pit bull dogs looking emaciated. They showed signs of severe neglect.
Officers say the dogs were found tied up with heavy chains. The animals also allegedly didn't have access to food or water.
fresno county, orange cove, pet, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder 16 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry