Fresno Co. woman facing animal cruelty charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An Orange Cove woman is facing animal abuse charges after her dogs were found in poor health.
Forty-year-old Marcella Morales was booked at the Fresno County jail and faces felony animal cruelty charges.
Investigators found her two pit bull dogs looking emaciated. They showed signs of severe neglect.
Officers say the dogs were found tied up with heavy chains. The animals also allegedly didn't have access to food or water.
fresno county, orange cove, pet, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals