Fresno plans more homeless camp cleanups
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The city of Fresno's efforts to eliminate homeless encampments in the downtown area took another step forward.
City crews spent the day working with people to gather their belongings and move them into transitional housing in three locations.
About two weeks ago, more than 40 people were cleared out of a camp near Santa Fe, south of Ventura under the 41 overpass.
Crews started cleaning up Golden State from Monterey Street bridge to E Street. They will also clear out Santa Clara from E Street to G Street, and F Street from Ventura to Santa Clara.
City officials say they're working to find homes for those who were evicted in the last clean-up.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, homeless, local, tommy tran
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 9 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case