Fresno plans more homeless camp cleanups
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The city of Fresno's efforts to eliminate homeless encampments in the downtown area took another step forward.
City crews spent the day working with people to gather their belongings and move them into transitional housing in three locations.
About two weeks ago, more than 40 people were cleared out of a camp near Santa Fe, south of Ventura under the 41 overpass.
Crews started cleaning up Golden State from Monterey Street bridge to E Street. They will also clear out Santa Clara from E Street to G Street, and F Street from Ventura to Santa Clara.
City officials say they're working to find homes for those who were evicted in the last clean-up.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, homeless, local, tommy tran
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified 49 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant 29 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 57 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos