Dos Palos man gets 15 to life in prison for daughter's murder
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- On Monday morning, a Dos Palos man was sentenced for the 2008 murder of his 3-year-old daughter. A Merced County Judge sentenced Jericho Wright 15 years to life for the second degree murder of his daughter, Liadan Wright.
The Merced County Coroner says the little girl died from multiple blunt force trauma to the head. The girl also had bruises around her shoulders and torso. Detectives say Wright threw the child against a shower wall in his Dos Palos home and then left her alone for hours.
Wright pleaded no contest to the child's death to avoid a trial. His attorneys say he did not harm the child.
court, murder, crimetracker, dos palos, merced county, merced, local, mariana jacob
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety