Mexican meth ring bust in 2 Valley counties
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Ten members of the notorious "La Familia" drug trafficking organization are now in custody. They are accused of smuggling meth into the United States from Mexico.
Agents arrested 36-year-old Ricardo Lopez Diaz, who they say is the head of this particular faction of "La Familia." Lopez Diaz and his wife, 31-year-old Bernice Lopez Diaz Beltran along with eight others, were also arrested.
Dozens of agents carried out the operation which began Friday morning. Nine search warrants were served -- five in Madera County and four in Fresno County.
drug bust, fresno county, madera county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls