Charges against accused Halloween rapist have been filed
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Charges have been filed against the man accused of raping a woman on Halloween at a Valley truck stop.
Michael Stanford, 41, was arrested on Friday. He was found in Kern County.
The rape happened last Monday night at the Hillcrest Travel Plaza near Avenal.
Several employees and the victim say they saw Stanford and another man at the truck stop before the attack.
Investigators are still looking the second man wanted for questioning -- so far he has not been identified.
Authorities believe he acted as a lookout while Stanford committed the crime.
halloween, sex crimes, avenal, fresno county sheriff department, fresno county, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos