Charges against accused Halloween rapist have been filed
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Charges have been filed against the man accused of raping a woman on Halloween at a Valley truck stop.
Michael Stanford, 41, was arrested on Friday. He was found in Kern County.
The rape happened last Monday night at the Hillcrest Travel Plaza near Avenal.
Several employees and the victim say they saw Stanford and another man at the truck stop before the attack.
Investigators are still looking the second man wanted for questioning -- so far he has not been identified.
Authorities believe he acted as a lookout while Stanford committed the crime.
halloween, sex crimes, avenal, fresno county sheriff department, fresno county, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts 46 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor 28 min ago
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 55 min ago
- Fresno shopping cart crackdown to cut crime?
46 min ago