Charges against accused Halloween rapist have been filed
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Charges have been filed against the man accused of raping a woman on Halloween at a Valley truck stop.
Michael Stanford, 41, was arrested on Friday. He was found in Kern County.
The rape happened last Monday night at the Hillcrest Travel Plaza near Avenal.
Several employees and the victim say they saw Stanford and another man at the truck stop before the attack.
Investigators are still looking the second man wanted for questioning -- so far he has not been identified.
Authorities believe he acted as a lookout while Stanford committed the crime.
halloween, sex crimes, avenal, fresno county sheriff department, fresno county, local
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police 35 min ago
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos