Fresno firefighters save puppies from blaze
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno fire crews rescued a dozen puppies from a house fire Tuesday morning.
The pitbulls were pulled from a home in the area of Pinedale and Blackstone Tuesday morning.
Fresno fire says the fire was caused by a malfunctioning warming lamp being used to keep the puppies warm at night.
Small animals are very susceptible to suffocation from smoke inhalation.
The fire department says the crew's quick actions prevented this from happening.
All 12 puppies appeared to be healthy.
As the temperatures get cooler at night, firefighters want to remind everyone to be sure heating appliances are properly maintained and heating appliances are clear of any combustible material.
pet, fire, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 39 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos