Truck stop rape suspect pleads not guilty
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The suspect in a rape at a Fresno County truck stop on Halloween night says he's not guilty.
41-year-old Michael Stanford pleaded not guilty during his first court appearance Wednesday morning on four felony charges, including rape by force.
The judge won't allow Action News to show Stanford in court, but the suspect spoke out and told the judge he wanted the media to hear his side of the story.
The judge cut him off before he said anything else. Investigators say Stanford raped an employee at the Hillcrest Travel Plaza near Avenal last week.
sex crimes, avenal, fresno county sheriff department, fresno county, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos