Truck stop rape suspect pleads not guilty
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The suspect in a rape at a Fresno County truck stop on Halloween night says he's not guilty.
41-year-old Michael Stanford pleaded not guilty during his first court appearance Wednesday morning on four felony charges, including rape by force.
The judge won't allow Action News to show Stanford in court, but the suspect spoke out and told the judge he wanted the media to hear his side of the story.
The judge cut him off before he said anything else. Investigators say Stanford raped an employee at the Hillcrest Travel Plaza near Avenal last week.
sex crimes, avenal, fresno county sheriff department, fresno county, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment 30 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding 8 min ago
- 2 Dems challenge Rep incumbent in Valley congressional race
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Photos: Easter traditions explained