Arrest made in Fresno Me Khong Restaurant murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police have made an arrest in a weekend shooting that left one person dead.
The shooting happened at the Me Khong restaurant in Central Fresno at about 1:20 Sunday morning.
The suspect was arrested a little after 3:00 Sunday afternoon in Northeast Fresno near First and Ashlan. The unidentified murder suspect is in custody along with several other people.
One-hundred pounds of marijuana was found. The drugs were in the pickup truck the suspect was driving when he was pulled over. Police say they're not sure if the suspect was planning to sell the marijuana but it was packaged up into several boxes. That truck was towed away as evidence.
Police say the suspect shot and killed a man at the Me Khong restaurant on Belmont near Abby in Central Fresno.
Lt. Mike Doyle said, "Right now we do have several other people detained, that we're questioning because, as you know, when someone commits a crime he held out at someplace overnight, that's what we're investigating."
We're told police are still not sure what lead up to the shooting or if it is gang related. According to police, Sunday morning's murder marks the 30th in Fresno so far this year. At this time last year there were 39.
crimetracker, shooting, marijuana, murder, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fresno police department, local
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington state; people in water 3 min ago
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community