Arrest made in Fresno Me Khong Restaurant murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police have made an arrest in a weekend shooting that left one person dead.
The shooting happened at the Me Khong restaurant in Central Fresno at about 1:20 Sunday morning.
The suspect was arrested a little after 3:00 Sunday afternoon in Northeast Fresno near First and Ashlan. The unidentified murder suspect is in custody along with several other people.
One-hundred pounds of marijuana was found. The drugs were in the pickup truck the suspect was driving when he was pulled over. Police say they're not sure if the suspect was planning to sell the marijuana but it was packaged up into several boxes. That truck was towed away as evidence.
Police say the suspect shot and killed a man at the Me Khong restaurant on Belmont near Abby in Central Fresno.
Lt. Mike Doyle said, "Right now we do have several other people detained, that we're questioning because, as you know, when someone commits a crime he held out at someplace overnight, that's what we're investigating."
We're told police are still not sure what lead up to the shooting or if it is gang related. According to police, Sunday morning's murder marks the 30th in Fresno so far this year. At this time last year there were 39.
crimetracker, shooting, marijuana, murder, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fresno police department, local
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California