Westamerica Bank in Clovis robbed, suspects use AT&T vehicle
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis Police are hoping surveillance photos will help them find the man who robbed a bank and then took off in an AT&T vehicle.
The pictures are taken by bank security cameras. The hold up happened at the Westamerica bank at Clovis Avenue and Shaw -- in Clovis around four o'clock Monday afternoon.
Witnesses say the man approached a teller and handed her a note saying he had a gun. He then left the bank in a 1992 Dodge Stratus. The car had AT&T logo on the driver's side.
Janet Stoll-Lee with the Clovis Police Department said, "It's also believed to be a stolen vehicle. He apparently got into the vehicle and drove eastbound on Clovis, pardon me, eastbound on Shaw Avenue, and they believe he went southbound on Clovis."
AT&T told Clovis Police that the vehicle was stolen from the central office on east Ashlan in Fresno. The vehicle was reported stolen last week.
crimetracker, robbery, clovis, fresno county, clovis police department, local
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers 56 min ago
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting 39 min ago
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos