Westamerica Bank in Clovis robbed, suspects use AT&T vehicle
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis Police are hoping surveillance photos will help them find the man who robbed a bank and then took off in an AT&T vehicle.
The pictures are taken by bank security cameras. The hold up happened at the Westamerica bank at Clovis Avenue and Shaw -- in Clovis around four o'clock Monday afternoon.
Witnesses say the man approached a teller and handed her a note saying he had a gun. He then left the bank in a 1992 Dodge Stratus. The car had AT&T logo on the driver's side.
Janet Stoll-Lee with the Clovis Police Department said, "It's also believed to be a stolen vehicle. He apparently got into the vehicle and drove eastbound on Clovis, pardon me, eastbound on Shaw Avenue, and they believe he went southbound on Clovis."
AT&T told Clovis Police that the vehicle was stolen from the central office on east Ashlan in Fresno. The vehicle was reported stolen last week.
crimetracker, robbery, clovis, fresno county, clovis police department, local
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 51 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball