Westamerica Bank in Clovis robbed, suspects use AT&T vehicle
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis Police are hoping surveillance photos will help them find the man who robbed a bank and then took off in an AT&T vehicle.
The pictures are taken by bank security cameras. The hold up happened at the Westamerica bank at Clovis Avenue and Shaw -- in Clovis around four o'clock Monday afternoon.
Witnesses say the man approached a teller and handed her a note saying he had a gun. He then left the bank in a 1992 Dodge Stratus. The car had AT&T logo on the driver's side.
Janet Stoll-Lee with the Clovis Police Department said, "It's also believed to be a stolen vehicle. He apparently got into the vehicle and drove eastbound on Clovis, pardon me, eastbound on Shaw Avenue, and they believe he went southbound on Clovis."
AT&T told Clovis Police that the vehicle was stolen from the central office on east Ashlan in Fresno. The vehicle was reported stolen last week.
crimetracker, robbery, clovis, fresno county, clovis police department, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay 49 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos