Ivanhoe gas leak prompts evacuations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A gas leak in the South Valley has prompted several evacuations in a rural part of Tulare County.
Tulare County Sheriff's and fire officials say a Caterpillar tractor accidentally scraped a natural gas pipe, sending fumes leaking into the neighborhood at around noon on Tuesday. It happened near Ivanhoe on Road 160 between Avenue 320 and El Rio.
Several homes were evacuated and so were about 20 students from Charter Home School Academy. Gas company crews patched up the line late Tuesday afternoon. The work took longer than expected because the piping is made of steel, not plastic.
No injuries are being reported and people are being allowed back into their homes.
gas line, ivanhoe, tulare county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos