Ivanhoe gas leak prompts evacuations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A gas leak in the South Valley has prompted several evacuations in a rural part of Tulare County.
Tulare County Sheriff's and fire officials say a Caterpillar tractor accidentally scraped a natural gas pipe, sending fumes leaking into the neighborhood at around noon on Tuesday. It happened near Ivanhoe on Road 160 between Avenue 320 and El Rio.
Several homes were evacuated and so were about 20 students from Charter Home School Academy. Gas company crews patched up the line late Tuesday afternoon. The work took longer than expected because the piping is made of steel, not plastic.
No injuries are being reported and people are being allowed back into their homes.
gas line, ivanhoe, tulare county, local
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95 46 min ago
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- Fire Safety