Sheriffs investigate Dinuba home invasion and shooting
DINUBA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County investigators are looking into whether medical marijuana was the reason for a violent home invasion.
Sheriff's investigators were called to a house near Dinuba Monday night. Deputies say at around 11pm -- two men knocked on the door claiming their car broke down.
Four people were inside the house at the time. When one of them opened the door, the suspects forced their way inside and started fighting with a man in the home. The suspects then shot him in the leg and then left. Deputies say medicinal marijuana was found inside the home but they're not sure if the suspects were trying to steal it.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "There wasn't enough medical marijuana in the home to warrant an indoor grow site or anything of that nature and the person did have a recommend at their site as well so we're not sure if those two are connected but there was medicinal marijuana in the home."
The victim is still in the hospital recovering from gunshot wounds. Deputies are asking anyone with information on the suspects to call them immediately.
shooting, home invasion, crimetracker, dinuba, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals