Sheriffs investigate Dinuba home invasion and shooting
DINUBA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County investigators are looking into whether medical marijuana was the reason for a violent home invasion.
Sheriff's investigators were called to a house near Dinuba Monday night. Deputies say at around 11pm -- two men knocked on the door claiming their car broke down.
Four people were inside the house at the time. When one of them opened the door, the suspects forced their way inside and started fighting with a man in the home. The suspects then shot him in the leg and then left. Deputies say medicinal marijuana was found inside the home but they're not sure if the suspects were trying to steal it.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "There wasn't enough medical marijuana in the home to warrant an indoor grow site or anything of that nature and the person did have a recommend at their site as well so we're not sure if those two are connected but there was medicinal marijuana in the home."
The victim is still in the hospital recovering from gunshot wounds. Deputies are asking anyone with information on the suspects to call them immediately.
shooting, home invasion, crimetracker, dinuba, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety