Sheriffs investigate Dinuba home invasion and shooting
DINUBA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County investigators are looking into whether medical marijuana was the reason for a violent home invasion.
Sheriff's investigators were called to a house near Dinuba Monday night. Deputies say at around 11pm -- two men knocked on the door claiming their car broke down.
Four people were inside the house at the time. When one of them opened the door, the suspects forced their way inside and started fighting with a man in the home. The suspects then shot him in the leg and then left. Deputies say medicinal marijuana was found inside the home but they're not sure if the suspects were trying to steal it.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "There wasn't enough medical marijuana in the home to warrant an indoor grow site or anything of that nature and the person did have a recommend at their site as well so we're not sure if those two are connected but there was medicinal marijuana in the home."
The victim is still in the hospital recovering from gunshot wounds. Deputies are asking anyone with information on the suspects to call them immediately.
shooting, home invasion, crimetracker, dinuba, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos