Exeter man finds homemade bomb in backyard
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A homemade bomb was found in the backyard of a South Valley home.
Exeter Police said a man called Tuesday afternoon complaining someone was dumping trash in his backyard on the 1400 block of Willow in Exeter.
Police say they spotted a suspicious device and called the Tulare County Bomb Squad. They used a robot to examine the device.
The disposal team destroyed the device which they say was a bomb with an unknown accelerant.
exeter, tulare county, local
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire 32 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails 30 min ago
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'
- Court: Arizona citizenship proof law illegal