Double homicide in Tulare County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two men were found dead of apparent gun shot wounds in a field along Avenue 304 near Road 180 north of Farmersville.
Late Saturday night detectives were still going over the crime scene. Investigators are focusing their efforts on an open field next to a barn. The two men were found dead in a field along the north side Avenue 304.
Tulare County Sheriff's officials say the men were shot to death. The bodies were found by a neighbor around 3:30 Saturday afternoon.
Detectives do not believe the men live or work on the property -- but they have not been able to get in touch with the property owners to ask them questions.
Late Saturday night detectives said they were looking for any evidence in the field where the bodies were found. "We're processing the crime scene, taking pictures and measurements -- checking with neighbors," said Sgt. Gary Hunt with the Tulare County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators have not identified the two men, but they say one man appears to be in his 50's and the other is around 30-years-old. Detectives would not comment on whether they have any solid leads in this case. But they are talking with several neighbors who may have seen or heard something related to this double homicide.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for the latest on this developing story.
homicide, crimetracker, farmersville, exeter, tulare county, local, rick montanez
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Fire off Copper and Sunnyside north of Clovis
- Carstens Fire near Midpines causes evacuations 1 min ago
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'
- Chop shop and pot grow busted in Tulare County
- Rolling Fire burning in Madera County
- Federal agents search land linked to Hoffa case
- abcnews: Brokenhearted Hitman Testifies Against...
- OTRC: Daytime Emmys 2013 winners: Full list
- Grass fire closes Highway 99 in Fresno
- Cantaloupe producers start new safety program
- Apricot growers in California are expecting a big year
- Emergency crash landing at Fresno-Yosemite airport
- Zoo employees hold yard sale for conservation projects
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos