One person stabbed at party organized on Facebook
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a stabbing in Central Fresno that sent one man to the hospital.
It happened around 1 a.m. Sunday morning outside a home near Glenn and Shields Avenue. Authorities say several people were attending a party organized on Facebook.
A fight broke out when an uninvited group showed up, and one man was stabbed in his side. The victim managed to walk about a block from the home. That's where officers found him lying on the ground. He was taken to community regional medical center in stable condition.
Now officers are trying to find the person responsible. "From what we can tell... We don't have specific details but suspect did flee in some sort of vehicle or fled down the street prior to fleeing from this location," said Sgt. Timothy Hahn with the Fresno Police Department.
Police briefly detained five people at the location where they found the stabbing victim, but they were released after being questioned.
stabbing, crimetracker, facebook, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 8 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 27 min ago
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week