Christmas Tree Lane getting ready to turn on lights
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Preparations are underway for a Fresno holiday tradition.
Homeowners in the Fig Garden area are putting up lights for the 89th annual Christmas Tree Lane, which runs along Van Ness Boulevard.
Each year people drive or walk down two miles filled with holiday cheer.
About 140 homes and 300 trees will be decorated between now and the time the lane opens December 3.
The festivities run through Christmas Day.
Special "walk nights" will be Saturday December 3 and Tuesday December 13.
Hours of operation are from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturday.
fresno, fresno county, fig garden, local
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 53 min ago
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam