Christmas Tree Lane getting ready to turn on lights
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Preparations are underway for a Fresno holiday tradition.
Homeowners in the Fig Garden area are putting up lights for the 89th annual Christmas Tree Lane, which runs along Van Ness Boulevard.
Each year people drive or walk down two miles filled with holiday cheer.
About 140 homes and 300 trees will be decorated between now and the time the lane opens December 3.
The festivities run through Christmas Day.
Special "walk nights" will be Saturday December 3 and Tuesday December 13.
Hours of operation are from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturday.
fresno, fresno county, fig garden, local
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash 38 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos