Poverello House feeds hundreds in need
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people showed up at the Poverello House in downtown Fresno on Thursday for a hot Thanksgiving meal.
The non-profit organization was busy since Thursday morning serving breakfast and lunches to anyone in need.
Lunch included the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and pie.
Organizers say preparing one-thousand meals is quite an undertaking because the demand is so high during this tough economy.
The Poverello House had enough donations to feed everyone on Thanksgiving, but they're always in need of donations, especially with Christmas just around the corner.
poverello house, fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather