Poverello House feeds hundreds in need
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people showed up at the Poverello House in downtown Fresno on Thursday for a hot Thanksgiving meal.
The non-profit organization was busy since Thursday morning serving breakfast and lunches to anyone in need.
Lunch included the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and pie.
Organizers say preparing one-thousand meals is quite an undertaking because the demand is so high during this tough economy.
The Poverello House had enough donations to feed everyone on Thanksgiving, but they're always in need of donations, especially with Christmas just around the corner.
poverello house, fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 20 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 56 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway 26 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash