Elderly woman shot in Thanksgiving robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County sheriff's deputies are investigating a home invasion robbery in the town of San Joaquin where an elderly woman was shot in the face.
Deputies say the 91-year-old woman was attacked around 2 a.m. Thursday morning at her home on the 86-hundred block of 11th Street near California Avenue.
Deputies say the suspect broke into the home. Moments later he came across the victim and her daughter.
That's when the elderly woman was shot in the face. Her daughter was not injured.
The victim was flown to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno where she had surgery.
The victim's condition has not been released.
Deputies are upset this happened on a holiday when the victim was planing to spend time with her family
"It's frustrating," Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said. "You just don't expect this."
Deputies have not yet released any information about who attacked the woman.
san joaquin, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local, corin hoggard
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter 6 min ago
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps 35 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help 29 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 58 min ago
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart