Elderly woman shot in Thanksgiving robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County sheriff's deputies are investigating a home invasion robbery in the town of San Joaquin where an elderly woman was shot in the face.
Deputies say the 91-year-old woman was attacked around 2 a.m. Thursday morning at her home on the 86-hundred block of 11th Street near California Avenue.
Deputies say the suspect broke into the home. Moments later he came across the victim and her daughter.
That's when the elderly woman was shot in the face. Her daughter was not injured.
The victim was flown to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno where she had surgery.
The victim's condition has not been released.
Deputies are upset this happened on a holiday when the victim was planing to spend time with her family
"It's frustrating," Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said. "You just don't expect this."
Deputies have not yet released any information about who attacked the woman.
san joaquin, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local, corin hoggard
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 8 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free 4 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180