Elderly woman shot in Thanksgiving robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County sheriff's deputies are investigating a home invasion robbery in the town of San Joaquin where an elderly woman was shot in the face.
Deputies say the 91-year-old woman was attacked around 2 a.m. Thursday morning at her home on the 86-hundred block of 11th Street near California Avenue.
Deputies say the suspect broke into the home. Moments later he came across the victim and her daughter.
That's when the elderly woman was shot in the face. Her daughter was not injured.
The victim was flown to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno where she had surgery.
The victim's condition has not been released.
Deputies are upset this happened on a holiday when the victim was planing to spend time with her family
"It's frustrating," Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said. "You just don't expect this."
Deputies have not yet released any information about who attacked the woman.
san joaquin, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local, corin hoggard
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police 4 min ago
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos