Elderly woman shot in Thanksgiving robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County sheriff's deputies are investigating a home invasion robbery in the town of San Joaquin where an elderly woman was shot in the face.
Deputies say the 91-year-old woman was attacked around 2 a.m. Thursday morning at her home on the 86-hundred block of 11th Street near California Avenue.
Deputies say the suspect broke into the home. Moments later he came across the victim and her daughter.
That's when the elderly woman was shot in the face. Her daughter was not injured.
The victim was flown to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno where she had surgery.
The victim's condition has not been released.
Deputies are upset this happened on a holiday when the victim was planing to spend time with her family
"It's frustrating," Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said. "You just don't expect this."
Deputies have not yet released any information about who attacked the woman.
san joaquin, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local, corin hoggard
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe