Bulldog Stadium shooting suspect arrested after chase in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police arrested a man they say shot at officers then led them on a chase.
The chase ended just before 11:30 p.m. Sunday night at Tulare and Fowler in Southeast Fresno.
An officer says he spotted a car that matched the description of a vehicle connected to shootings near Bulldog Stadium Saturday night during the football game. Police say the suspect shot at officers when they tried to pull him over. No officers were hurt.
Police say the driver hit the center divider as he left the freeway and came to a stop. He was quickly arrested.
Police say the man was wearing body armor and had a number of weapons in his car. His identity has not been released.
officer involved shooting, shooting, high speed chase, crimetracker, fresno, fresno southeast, fresno county, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 8 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case