Man arrested after theft of school bell
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- South Valley investigators have made an arrest following the theft of a nearly 150 year old school bell from a Porterville school.
That bell was part of a historical monument outside of Rockford School, and was reported missing Friday.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Office says surveillance video from the school showed a suspect vehicle that was recognized by deputies.
After a two day investigation, they arrested 32 year old Mark Walker and recovered the bell, which has since been returned to school officials.
We're told the bell has been at the school since its induction in 1862, and its value is estimated at $50 thousand.
porterville, south valley, crimetracker, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades