Man arrested after theft of school bell
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- South Valley investigators have made an arrest following the theft of a nearly 150 year old school bell from a Porterville school.
That bell was part of a historical monument outside of Rockford School, and was reported missing Friday.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Office says surveillance video from the school showed a suspect vehicle that was recognized by deputies.
After a two day investigation, they arrested 32 year old Mark Walker and recovered the bell, which has since been returned to school officials.
We're told the bell has been at the school since its induction in 1862, and its value is estimated at $50 thousand.
porterville, south valley, crimetracker, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death 36 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions