UC Merced device was student's project
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Officials at UC Merced say a suspicious device found in the east wing of the school library Tuesday morning was a student's class project.
The library was closed for several hours yesterday during the investigation but it reopened Wednesday morning.
University staff sent a message to students via text, e-mail and facebook warning them to stay clear of the area Tuesday.
The Merced police bomb squad sent a robot into the building to retrieve the device and determined that it was not a threat.
u.c., u.c. merced, merced, merced county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos