Sheriff releases 9-1-1 tape after woman, 91, shot in face
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A just released 9-1-1 recording reveals the frightening moments after someone shot a 91-year-old Fresno County woman in the face.
Marcella Miller has been upgraded to serious condition. But, at this point, detectives are running out of leads. And that's why they want the public to hear the 9-1-1 tape.
"911. please, somebody come. somebody broke into the house and shot my mother in the neck. oh please sir. oh please hurry up! oh god! we're coming, we're coming."
Sounding desperate and confused, Marcella Miller's 63-year-old daughter Marilyn can be heard on the 9-1-1- recording begging for someone to help her ailing mother.
Sheriff's deputies have been working this bizarre case around the clock. According to investigators, 91-year-old Marcella Miller and her daughter were sleeping inside their San Joaquin home, when someone broke in. After the two got up to investigate, Marcella was shot in the face.
Chris Curtice with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said, "Whoever did this, this is a very callous individual, someone that if they're willing to shot a 91-year-old woman for no reason, they're sure to take on anybody else."
Detectives say they've questioned neighbors, and have been following up on several leads, all of which have not led to an arrest. They hope by releasing the 9-1-1 tape, someone will come forward.
"You know, we take all the cases seriously, but this is one, everyone can identify with I think, it's like someone assaulting your grandmother. Totally defenseless person, this is someone we need to get off the street."
Detectives continue to visit San Joaquin daily. In fact, they were out there Wednesday.
As for Marcella, while she has been upgraded to serious condition, there is a chance she could be paralyzed.
shooting, home invasion, crimetracker, san joaquin, fresno county, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 30 min ago
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View' 57 min ago
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit 57 min ago
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed 57 min ago
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman