Sheriff releases 9-1-1 tape after woman, 91, shot in face
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A just released 9-1-1 recording reveals the frightening moments after someone shot a 91-year-old Fresno County woman in the face.
Marcella Miller has been upgraded to serious condition. But, at this point, detectives are running out of leads. And that's why they want the public to hear the 9-1-1 tape.
"911. please, somebody come. somebody broke into the house and shot my mother in the neck. oh please sir. oh please hurry up! oh god! we're coming, we're coming."
Sounding desperate and confused, Marcella Miller's 63-year-old daughter Marilyn can be heard on the 9-1-1- recording begging for someone to help her ailing mother.
Sheriff's deputies have been working this bizarre case around the clock. According to investigators, 91-year-old Marcella Miller and her daughter were sleeping inside their San Joaquin home, when someone broke in. After the two got up to investigate, Marcella was shot in the face.
Chris Curtice with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said, "Whoever did this, this is a very callous individual, someone that if they're willing to shot a 91-year-old woman for no reason, they're sure to take on anybody else."
Detectives say they've questioned neighbors, and have been following up on several leads, all of which have not led to an arrest. They hope by releasing the 9-1-1 tape, someone will come forward.
"You know, we take all the cases seriously, but this is one, everyone can identify with I think, it's like someone assaulting your grandmother. Totally defenseless person, this is someone we need to get off the street."
Detectives continue to visit San Joaquin daily. In fact, they were out there Wednesday.
As for Marcella, while she has been upgraded to serious condition, there is a chance she could be paralyzed.
shooting, home invasion, crimetracker, san joaquin, fresno county, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years