Teen charged as adult in Thanksgiving Day shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Valley teen accused of shooting a 91-year-old woman on Thanksgiving Day has been charged as an adult.
Marcella Miller was shot in the face nearly two weeks ago, in the San Joaquin home she shares with her daughter.
Investigators say Oscar Soto, 17, is responsible for shooting Miller. Action News is revealing his name because he's being charged as an adult.
Detectives believe Soto broke into Miller's home through a window and shot her in the face. Soto's mother was also arrested on accessory charges. Both will be in court Wednesday.
Marcella Miller was last listed in good condition at Community Regional Medical Center.
san joaquin, shooting, home invasion, crimetracker, fresno county, local
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect 38 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo 24 min ago
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos