Family gives Fresno Fire Dept a thank you gift
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Fire Department received a heartfelt thank you gift Tuesday for saving the home of a Northwest Fresno family a few months ago.
Gail Henricksen presented a painting she made of firefighters taking down a picture from her home, during the fire. She was thankful crews were able to prevent the fire from spreading to other parts of the home when a fire broke out in September.
Henricksen, who's an artist, said she was thankful for what the crews were able to save. "You saved a part of me, a part of my family that we are so grateful for."
Some younger members of Henricksen's family also presented some artwork to the firefighters.
The artist used the experience of the house fire to teach her family members about fire safety.
fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, fresno fire department, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom 11 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos