Santa trades sleigh for fighter jet for Fresno visit
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Santa Clause made a special early appearance in the Valley Wednesday night. He arrived on a fighter jet for the Air National Guard's Annual Christmas Party.
Dozens of families were there to greet Saint Nick. Of course, he came with presents for the children whose parents are in the Air National Guard.
"The little kids, they're mesmerized. Just the suspense, the doors open and there's Santa in a fighter jet. Even the adults were excited, I was excited and I fly that jet," said Col. Sam with the 144th Fighter Wing.
Not everyone was excited to see Santa. One little girl made a quick get-away before passing along her holiday wish list. The Christmas party is also a way for the guard's families to connect with each other.
christmas, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos