Santa trades sleigh for fighter jet for Fresno visit
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Santa Clause made a special early appearance in the Valley Wednesday night. He arrived on a fighter jet for the Air National Guard's Annual Christmas Party.
Dozens of families were there to greet Saint Nick. Of course, he came with presents for the children whose parents are in the Air National Guard.
"The little kids, they're mesmerized. Just the suspense, the doors open and there's Santa in a fighter jet. Even the adults were excited, I was excited and I fly that jet," said Col. Sam with the 144th Fighter Wing.
Not everyone was excited to see Santa. One little girl made a quick get-away before passing along her holiday wish list. The Christmas party is also a way for the guard's families to connect with each other.
christmas, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos