Tulare County Soldier killed in Afghanistan
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Department of Defense (DOD) announced Spc. Thomas J. Mayberry, 21, of Springville, California was killed in the Wardak province of Afghanistan on Saturday.
The DOD says Mayberry, along with two other soldiers were killed when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device.
Sgt. 1st Class Clark A. Corley Jr., 35, of Oxnard, California and Spc. Ryan M. Lumley, 21, of Lakeland, Florida were also killed in the explosion. All three soldiers were assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 5th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, Fort Bliss, Texas.
Watch the video for complete coverage from Action News Reporter Linda Mumma.
springville, porterville, tulare county, local, linda mumma
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years