Accused Sanger rapist pleads not guilty
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Social Studies teacher at Sanger High School, accused of raping a teenager who worked at his restaurant, pleaded not guilty Friday.
Sergio Heredia, 48, is out of jail on $100,000 bail. In his first court appearance Friday, he was served with an order to stay away from the 17-year-old girl he was accused of attacking last month.
Sanger police said the victim is an employee at Heredia's Sports Bistro. She told investigators she and Heredia were alone at closing time when he attacked her.
Heredia is due back in court next week.
sex crimes, court, sanger, fresno, fresno downtown, fresno county, local
- 31-year-old Fresno man reported missing near Huron 16 min ago
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 now open
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers