Judge dismisses charges in 2-year-old child death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley man no longer faces criminal charges for letting his 11-year-old sister get behind the wheel of his car. The child ended up running over and killing a 2-year-old relative.
A judge dismissed involuntary manslaughter and felony child abuse charges against Jaime Rodriguez. Back in April, the man let his sister back his car out of a driveway. Rodriguez's two-year-old daughter then ran out, and was hit and killed.
A Tulare County judge said there was not enough evidence to charge Rodriguez with the felonies, calling it a tragic accident.
court, tulare county, south valley, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 53 min ago
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?