Clovis rockers help gather donations for the needy
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Valley rock fans came together to help families in need Sunday during a "Rock The Lot" event in Clovis.
Several bands performed at the Sierra Vista Mall Park as charities collected food, toys, and cash donations that will help families this holiday season.
The Rock the Lot event was sponsored by Fresno radio station 105.1 The Blaze to provide a one stop shop for giving this holiday season.
"People are out shopping. While they're out, if they're donating, they can pick up an extra toy for the kids or bring a couple of canned food items," said Dan Thomas.
Organizations like the Marjorie Mason Center, Community Food Bank, and Toys For Tots had booths at the event.
If you'd like to help, there's still time to donate to Toys For Tots. Click here for more information.
charity, clovis, fresno county, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps 41 min ago
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released