Body found in burned car in Fresno County ID'd
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A body found in a burned car in Fresno County Friday has been identified and sheriff's detectives are asking for the public's help. An autopsy revealed that the body belongs to 29-year-old Randy Rios.
The body was found inside of a 2002 Mercedes Benz C-320 -- similar to the one -- registered to Rios. He was last seen Thursday evening driving the vehicle around Sanger.
Deputies found the Mercedes on Friday morning on fire in the area of Fowler and Central. Once crews put out the flames they discovered the charred body. An autopsy is being done to help determine the victim's cause of death.
This is the 17th homicide in Fresno County. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
crimetracker, homicide, fresno, fresno county, fresno county sheriff department, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Brian Waldron found guilty of murder 1 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry