Tipton mother & child escape during burglary
TIPTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- A young mother and her baby ran from their South Valley home after they realized the home was being burglarized.
Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies say an 18-year-old mother was in her Tipton home sleeping with her one-year-old son when she heard someone breaking into her house through the back door. Frightened, she grabbed her baby and ran to a neighbor's house.
The victim didn't answer the door but did get a good look at the suspects and their car.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "We were able to put out enough information from her descriptions from earlier in the day and what she had heard and seen as she was fleeing the residence."
Neighbor, Christy Berumen said, "I just seen all the cops going down there and you know it's kind of scary because you know we live so close."
The suspects were arrested in their hometown of Delano when a police officer spotted the suspects' car.
home invasion, burglary, crimetracker, tipton, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos