Tipton mother & child escape during burglary
TIPTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- A young mother and her baby ran from their South Valley home after they realized the home was being burglarized.
Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies say an 18-year-old mother was in her Tipton home sleeping with her one-year-old son when she heard someone breaking into her house through the back door. Frightened, she grabbed her baby and ran to a neighbor's house.
The victim didn't answer the door but did get a good look at the suspects and their car.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "We were able to put out enough information from her descriptions from earlier in the day and what she had heard and seen as she was fleeing the residence."
Neighbor, Christy Berumen said, "I just seen all the cops going down there and you know it's kind of scary because you know we live so close."
The suspects were arrested in their hometown of Delano when a police officer spotted the suspects' car.
home invasion, burglary, crimetracker, tipton, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Fresno State's new president has been selected
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones 26 min ago
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers 24 min ago
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Accuweather Forecast
44 min ago