Tipton mother & child escape during burglary
TIPTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- A young mother and her baby ran from their South Valley home after they realized the home was being burglarized.
Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies say an 18-year-old mother was in her Tipton home sleeping with her one-year-old son when she heard someone breaking into her house through the back door. Frightened, she grabbed her baby and ran to a neighbor's house.
The victim didn't answer the door but did get a good look at the suspects and their car.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "We were able to put out enough information from her descriptions from earlier in the day and what she had heard and seen as she was fleeing the residence."
Neighbor, Christy Berumen said, "I just seen all the cops going down there and you know it's kind of scary because you know we live so close."
The suspects were arrested in their hometown of Delano when a police officer spotted the suspects' car.
home invasion, burglary, crimetracker, tipton, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos