Closing arguments heard in Fresno wrongful death trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Powerful statements as the wrongful death trial against a Fresno Police Officer, the department, the chief and the city wrapped up.
Both sides worked to discredit witnesses and sway the jury of six men and two women. the plaintiff's attorney, Arturo Gonzalez demonstrated the trajectory of bullets to the jury and why he believes the evidence Sergeant Mike Palomino left is inconsistent with his testimony.
"I think in a case like this, the physical evidence, really should end it," said Gonzalez. "I just think the evidence does not match the sergeant's story. I tried to communicate that to the jury, hopefully they understood it."
The attorney representing Sergeant Palomino and Police Chief Jerry Dyer told the court Palomino acted reasonably when he pulled up to a chaotic scene two years ago and was quote, "Scared out of his wits" when he fired twelve rounds.
officer involved shooting, fresno county, fresno, fresno police department, jerry dyer, court, local, sontaya rose
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 4 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 50 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
7 min ago