Closing arguments heard in Fresno wrongful death trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Powerful statements as the wrongful death trial against a Fresno Police Officer, the department, the chief and the city wrapped up.
Both sides worked to discredit witnesses and sway the jury of six men and two women. the plaintiff's attorney, Arturo Gonzalez demonstrated the trajectory of bullets to the jury and why he believes the evidence Sergeant Mike Palomino left is inconsistent with his testimony.
"I think in a case like this, the physical evidence, really should end it," said Gonzalez. "I just think the evidence does not match the sergeant's story. I tried to communicate that to the jury, hopefully they understood it."
The attorney representing Sergeant Palomino and Police Chief Jerry Dyer told the court Palomino acted reasonably when he pulled up to a chaotic scene two years ago and was quote, "Scared out of his wits" when he fired twelve rounds.
officer involved shooting, fresno county, fresno, fresno police department, jerry dyer, court, local, sontaya rose
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region