Charges against Fresno Co. woman dropped
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley woman is out of jail more than two months after she was arrested in connection with the attempted murder of her former boyfriend.
Erika Soria was freed Thursday afternoon.
She was arrested in early October, a month after a shooting at her Parlier apartment in September.
Her former boyfriend, Juan Mercado, survived the shooting.
The District Attorney dropped the charges against Soria on Thursday after a closer examination of her text messages.
The DA decided the text messages she sent were not threatening but were actually warnings instead.
Two other suspects are currently in custody in connection with the attempted homicide of Juan Mercado.
parlier, fresno, fresno county, local
- Lemoore airman sentenced to 10 years for pimping a 17-year-old girl 39 min ago
- Calif. man arrested at border on terrorism charges 59 min ago
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Man with no pants attacks Merced woman, police say
- 3rd person dies from South By Southwest crash
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos