Charges against Fresno Co. woman dropped
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley woman is out of jail more than two months after she was arrested in connection with the attempted murder of her former boyfriend.
Erika Soria was freed Thursday afternoon.
She was arrested in early October, a month after a shooting at her Parlier apartment in September.
Her former boyfriend, Juan Mercado, survived the shooting.
The District Attorney dropped the charges against Soria on Thursday after a closer examination of her text messages.
The DA decided the text messages she sent were not threatening but were actually warnings instead.
Two other suspects are currently in custody in connection with the attempted homicide of Juan Mercado.
parlier, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge 40 min ago
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos