Charges against Fresno Co. woman dropped
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley woman is out of jail more than two months after she was arrested in connection with the attempted murder of her former boyfriend.
Erika Soria was freed Thursday afternoon.
She was arrested in early October, a month after a shooting at her Parlier apartment in September.
Her former boyfriend, Juan Mercado, survived the shooting.
The District Attorney dropped the charges against Soria on Thursday after a closer examination of her text messages.
The DA decided the text messages she sent were not threatening but were actually warnings instead.
Two other suspects are currently in custody in connection with the attempted homicide of Juan Mercado.
parlier, fresno, fresno county, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama