Madera Co home invasion ends with dead suspect
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A home invasion in the North Valley ended with a shootout between the homeowner and the suspect, and the suspect dead.
The Madera County Sheriff's Department says the man broke into a backyard shed at the victim's home in Oakhurst Sunday night. The suspect took a shotgun, confronted the victim, and shot him. The victim fired back, killing the suspect.
The suspect is identified as 53-year-old Danny Henley. He was just released from jail on December 16th for driving on a suspended license and probation violation.
Henley was also under investigation for check fraud as well as vehicle and metal theft.
oakhurst, coarsegold, north fork, bass lake, madera county, local
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Don't wait until the New Year to get fit
25 min ago