Madera Co home invasion ends with dead suspect
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A home invasion in the North Valley ended with a shootout between the homeowner and the suspect, and the suspect dead.
The Madera County Sheriff's Department says the man broke into a backyard shed at the victim's home in Oakhurst Sunday night. The suspect took a shotgun, confronted the victim, and shot him. The victim fired back, killing the suspect.
The suspect is identified as 53-year-old Danny Henley. He was just released from jail on December 16th for driving on a suspended license and probation violation.
Henley was also under investigation for check fraud as well as vehicle and metal theft.
oakhurst, coarsegold, north fork, bass lake, madera county, local
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting 48 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 52 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 19 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD...
52 min ago