Jonathon Gideon: Chowchilla's hometown hero
CHOWCHILLA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley community is joining together to thank one of their own. 19 year-old Army Specialist Jonathon Gideon from Chowchilla was wounded while serving in Afghanistan last month.
Jonathon was scheduled to come home for leave this Christmas but he's now undergoing treatment at a Texas hospital. On November 18th, Jonathon and his unit were serving in one of their last missions in Kandahar when their vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb.
Jonathon broke both of his legs, another man; Private First Class Adam Dobereiner didn't make it. Jonathan's father, Larry Gideon tells Action News that doctors expect his son to recover in about a year.
Now the town of Chowchilla is banding together to help out Jonathon, his wife and their two young children. They set up donations bins around the city to collect Christmas presents and set up a trust fund at Citibank.
The account number for Jonathan's fund is 204399430.
chowchilla, madera county, local, mariana jacob
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 1 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos