Merced Man Arrested for Fighting with Deputies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Deputies say the man said he felt like fighting.
Merced County Sheriff's deputies say a Merced man approached them during a traffic stop, stared at them, then started throwing punches.
Deputies Eric Nelson and Harold Nolen were on a routine traffic stop near Ashby Road and Beachwood Ave north of Merced. Deputies say as Nolen was writing a ticket, Daniel Salazar, 32, approached Nolen and started staring at him.
Deputy Nolen said he asked the subject several times if he could help him. Salazar allegedly started throwing punches at the deputy.
Both deputies took the suspect to the ground and arrested him.
According to authorities, while Salazar was being booked, he was asked why he picked the fight. He said, "I just felt like fighting."
Authorities say Salazar has a history of fighting with law enforcement officers and had a warrant for narcotics. He is also a validated member of a criminal street gang.
Salazar remains in custody on $5,750 bail.
crimetracker, merced, atwater, merced county, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation