Merced Man Arrested for Fighting with Deputies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Deputies say the man said he felt like fighting.
Merced County Sheriff's deputies say a Merced man approached them during a traffic stop, stared at them, then started throwing punches.
Deputies Eric Nelson and Harold Nolen were on a routine traffic stop near Ashby Road and Beachwood Ave north of Merced. Deputies say as Nolen was writing a ticket, Daniel Salazar, 32, approached Nolen and started staring at him.
Deputy Nolen said he asked the subject several times if he could help him. Salazar allegedly started throwing punches at the deputy.
Both deputies took the suspect to the ground and arrested him.
According to authorities, while Salazar was being booked, he was asked why he picked the fight. He said, "I just felt like fighting."
Authorities say Salazar has a history of fighting with law enforcement officers and had a warrant for narcotics. He is also a validated member of a criminal street gang.
Salazar remains in custody on $5,750 bail.
crimetracker, merced, atwater, merced county, local
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag 11 min ago
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California 42 min ago
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- Accuweather Forecast
48 min ago