Marijuana heading for Florida seized in Tulare County
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four men from Florida are under arrest after a large pot bust in the South Valley.
Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies seized nearly 300 pounds of marijuana grown right near Woodlake.
Deputies say that Odubaldo Campos, Segundo Gonzalez, Ricardo Rodriguez, and Orlando Guevara planned to sell the pot in Florida.
The marijuana was discovered inside a big rig leaving a house in Woodlake. When deputies first opened the trailer it appeared to be full of citrus, but they soon discovered some boxes in the middle of the fruit. Inside the boxes was 257 pounds of processed marijuana.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "In order to actually get the marijuana into that location they had to take oranges out and we were able to locate oranges from that trailer into that actual residence so it tied the two together as well."
Investigators say the four suspects arrested were shipping the marijuana to Florida so they could sell it. The street value of all the pot is estimated at one-point-nine million dollars.
drug bust, marijuana, crimetracker, woodlake, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos