Marijuana heading for Florida seized in Tulare County
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four men from Florida are under arrest after a large pot bust in the South Valley.
Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies seized nearly 300 pounds of marijuana grown right near Woodlake.
Deputies say that Odubaldo Campos, Segundo Gonzalez, Ricardo Rodriguez, and Orlando Guevara planned to sell the pot in Florida.
The marijuana was discovered inside a big rig leaving a house in Woodlake. When deputies first opened the trailer it appeared to be full of citrus, but they soon discovered some boxes in the middle of the fruit. Inside the boxes was 257 pounds of processed marijuana.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "In order to actually get the marijuana into that location they had to take oranges out and we were able to locate oranges from that trailer into that actual residence so it tied the two together as well."
Investigators say the four suspects arrested were shipping the marijuana to Florida so they could sell it. The street value of all the pot is estimated at one-point-nine million dollars.
drug bust, marijuana, crimetracker, woodlake, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 59 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos