Arrest made in Fresno fatal wheelchair hit & run
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned that police have made an arrest in a deadly hit and run accident.
David Gardner, 48, was killed Saturday night while crossing Blackstone near Sierra in a wheelchair. Gardner was hit by two vehicles, which both left the scene.
Thursday, police arrested Jason Howard Jonathon, 20, for the crime. Police say they have also identified the second driver, but are not releasing that person's name at this time.
Investigators say Gardner was at fault in the crash, but because the two drivers took off, they both face felony hit and run charges.
crimetracker, hit and run, fresno, fresno county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos