Pursuit in Central Fresno ends with crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A pursuit by Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies ended when the driver crashed his car in Central Fresno.
It happened around 11 p.m. Friday night on Ashlan near Highway 41.
Officers say they were trying to pull the man over for high-speed reckless driving when he crashed into a fence and a tree.
The man was pinned in his vehicle, so rescue crews had to use the jaws of life to get him out.
An ambulance took the driver to Community Regional Medical Center with major injuries.
The CHP says it is still investigating if he was under the influence.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, california highway patrol, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals