Pursuit in Central Fresno ends with crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A pursuit by Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies ended when the driver crashed his car in Central Fresno.
It happened around 11 p.m. Friday night on Ashlan near Highway 41.
Officers say they were trying to pull the man over for high-speed reckless driving when he crashed into a fence and a tree.
The man was pinned in his vehicle, so rescue crews had to use the jaws of life to get him out.
An ambulance took the driver to Community Regional Medical Center with major injuries.
The CHP says it is still investigating if he was under the influence.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, california highway patrol, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 53 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 33 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos