Cities offering Christmas tree disposal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two South Valley cities are offering free Christmas tree recycling, and one will even pick it up from your home.
Visalia and Hanford placed several large trash containers around town so people could properly get rid of their Christmas trees.
"No dumping" signs have been posted by city workers to avoid any trash deposits into the containers.
You're asked to remove all ornaments, lights, tinsel and metal stands before you dispose of the tree.
Hanford residents can leave their trees curbside and crews will pick it up free of charge.
The City of Fresno has its own policy for picking up Christmas trees.
The city also asks that you remove all ornaments lights and tinsel and remove the tree from it's stand. Then cut the three into sections no larger than three feet so it will fit into your green waste can.
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels