Cities offering Christmas tree disposal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two South Valley cities are offering free Christmas tree recycling, and one will even pick it up from your home.
Visalia and Hanford placed several large trash containers around town so people could properly get rid of their Christmas trees.
"No dumping" signs have been posted by city workers to avoid any trash deposits into the containers.
You're asked to remove all ornaments, lights, tinsel and metal stands before you dispose of the tree.
Hanford residents can leave their trees curbside and crews will pick it up free of charge.
The City of Fresno has its own policy for picking up Christmas trees.
The city also asks that you remove all ornaments lights and tinsel and remove the tree from it's stand. Then cut the three into sections no larger than three feet so it will fit into your green waste can.
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- How outside workers deal with cold temps
19 min ago
- Protecting Valley students from freezing...
37 min ago
- Below-freezing temps have Tulare County on...
54 min ago