Burglars hit Fresno City Councilman Lee Brand's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno city councilman is the latest victim in a string of home burglaries.
Lee Brand arrived at his Northeast Fresno house Tuesday night to discover someone had broken in.
Brand says the burglar got away with about six thousand dollars' worth of his belongings, including a new firearm, iPad 2, and jewelry.
The councilman admits he forgot to lock his back door, and did not have his alarm activated, something he'll make sure to double check from now on.
"First time it's ever been broken into, some car break-ins, but nothing like this," said Brand. "So, what happens to you, you can feel it personally, and you realize a lot of people are going through the same things and this affirms my desire to make sure we can restore core services."
Brand says the break-in happened in the middle of the day. He has since filed a report with the Fresno Police Department.
crimetracker, burglary, fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, fresno city council, local
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region