Burglars hit Fresno City Councilman Lee Brand's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno city councilman is the latest victim in a string of home burglaries.
Lee Brand arrived at his Northeast Fresno house Tuesday night to discover someone had broken in.
Brand says the burglar got away with about six thousand dollars' worth of his belongings, including a new firearm, iPad 2, and jewelry.
The councilman admits he forgot to lock his back door, and did not have his alarm activated, something he'll make sure to double check from now on.
"First time it's ever been broken into, some car break-ins, but nothing like this," said Brand. "So, what happens to you, you can feel it personally, and you realize a lot of people are going through the same things and this affirms my desire to make sure we can restore core services."
Brand says the break-in happened in the middle of the day. He has since filed a report with the Fresno Police Department.
crimetracker, burglary, fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, fresno city council, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos