Burglars hit Fresno City Councilman Lee Brand's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno city councilman is the latest victim in a string of home burglaries.
Lee Brand arrived at his Northeast Fresno house Tuesday night to discover someone had broken in.
Brand says the burglar got away with about six thousand dollars' worth of his belongings, including a new firearm, iPad 2, and jewelry.
The councilman admits he forgot to lock his back door, and did not have his alarm activated, something he'll make sure to double check from now on.
"First time it's ever been broken into, some car break-ins, but nothing like this," said Brand. "So, what happens to you, you can feel it personally, and you realize a lot of people are going through the same things and this affirms my desire to make sure we can restore core services."
Brand says the break-in happened in the middle of the day. He has since filed a report with the Fresno Police Department.
crimetracker, burglary, fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, fresno city council, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom 18 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
37 min ago
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
23 min ago