Adventist Health plans Greenfield Community Garden
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley hospital is taking advantage of the dry weather to make huge progress on a community garden.
Action News was in Hanford to check out the 80-foot by 200-foot stretch of land.
The Greenfield Community Garden is located just north of the Adventist Health - Central Valley Network.
Once complete, residents can share gardening techniques and learn how to cultivate fresh produce.
It will also feature a greenhouse, 30 pine planting beds, and a toolshed.
K.C. Fowler said, "We're in the San Joaquin Valley were you've got some of the most fertile ground in the world so, enabling people to grow their own fruits and vegetables you know is certainly a wonderful thing. But beyond that just that sense of community. That sense of this is something that we're doing is bigger than we are."
Application forms for plots will be available online next month and the garden is expected to be complete in the spring.
hanford, lemoore, kings county, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 42 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos