Adventist Health plans Greenfield Community Garden
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley hospital is taking advantage of the dry weather to make huge progress on a community garden.
Action News was in Hanford to check out the 80-foot by 200-foot stretch of land.
The Greenfield Community Garden is located just north of the Adventist Health - Central Valley Network.
Once complete, residents can share gardening techniques and learn how to cultivate fresh produce.
It will also feature a greenhouse, 30 pine planting beds, and a toolshed.
K.C. Fowler said, "We're in the San Joaquin Valley were you've got some of the most fertile ground in the world so, enabling people to grow their own fruits and vegetables you know is certainly a wonderful thing. But beyond that just that sense of community. That sense of this is something that we're doing is bigger than we are."
Application forms for plots will be available online next month and the garden is expected to be complete in the spring.
hanford, lemoore, kings county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 4 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'